Friday, December 10, 2010

Purple Bridal Shoes

Since I saw my inspiration photo of the bride with the purple shoes and bouquet, I've been on the hunt for the perfect purple pumps. I found some awesome shoes but they were either too costly (I wanted to stay under $50) or they seemed like they'd KILL my feet after only minutes wearing them.

My friends suggested that I find a pair I love in a dyeable brand and then get them colored how I want. I was about to make up my mind that I would do just that, when I searched eBay one last time.

I found these Rocketdog pumps:


EXACTLY what I'd been looking for! The best part was that I won the bid at $4 and spent $5 for shipping. For 9 dollars, I was willing to take the risk that these shoes wouldn't fit or wouldn't be everything I'd hoped for. I would never have bought these if they had been in the $30-range.

When I finally saw the package at my doorstep I tore right in and tried them on immediately. It was heaven. I pranced around the house in my purple shoes and 5-month pregnant belly the whole night. Jeff was a bit clueless when I exclaimed, "They're my WEDDING shoes!" He said, "Aren't they um....the wrong color?" he whispered, as if he was going to burst my happiness bubble. Absolutely not! was my explaination, to which he just shrugged.

Now I have a bit of a DIY dilemma. I love these shoes the way they are...BUT I think it'd be adorable to bling them up, like what some of  these WeddingBee members did. I don't think I would ever put rhinestones on the entire shoe, but I'm considering doing a design on the toe.

My other option could be a shoe clip. I'd like to make my own...but I'm not sure it'd work on this type of shoe. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment