Monday, December 6, 2010

Letting My Bridesmaids Choose Their Own Dresses

After deciding that my bridesmaids would wear eggplant/deep purple, I was on the hunt for a dress that would compliment them all. I spent weeks emailing my bridesmaids (i.e. being bridezilla) about this dress or that dress. My sister (maid of honor) was the only one kind enough to really respond to most of the crazy emails and ideas. Everyone else just said, "Whatever you want! You're the bride!"

But that's not the response I wanted! I don't want to be the only one responsible for picking out a dress for 6 other people to wear! Of course I wanted them to save money as well.

Then I thought I'd decided on the dress that would flatter each figure. I was excited about the $135 price tag (if bought online) as well. It is Impression Bridesmaids style 1731, pictured here on the right:

BestBridalPrices.com

But then my wheels started turning...I just can't get them to stop sometimes. I thought about my two large-chested bridesmaids and how they would probably loathe wearing a strapless dress. I thought about how different my 4'10" bridesmaid would look next to my 5'9" bridesmaid. I thought about how I'm not even wearing a strapless dress, so why should I make my bridesmaids do the same?

So I settled on a new idea: My bridesmaids would all wear the same color and fabric and have dresses of the same floor-length, but I would let them choose their own dress. I chose Alfred Angelo's brand (because it is widely available for my bridesmaids to try on across the country) and I asked that they each pick out two of their favorites so that I could make the final decision once I see them all.

Four of my girls have picked their dresses so far -- only two more to go! Here's what my wedding party looks like so far (all photos courtesy of AlfredAngelo.com):





No comments:

Post a Comment