Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bling Bridal Shoes - I'm now a Bedazzler.

I've had some recent developments with my purple bridal shoes. Remember, they are these Rocketdog pumps:


As I blogged about previously, I was trying to figure out how exactly to bling them up. I purchased pretty clip-on earrings and plain shoe clips and thought they'd look amazing, but I quickly realized that shoe clips won't even attach my shoes! The knot on the top of the shoe  makes it impossible for the clip to stay on it -- it kept squeezing right off.

I certainly could have left my shoes the way they were, but I wanted to make them something unique and special. I decided to go with option #2: bedazzling.

I had already bought my hot-fix tool, which I would highly recommend if you are planning to do any sort of bedazzling! It makes the process super easy...it's my new favorite tool! I used 3mm clear hot-fix crystals to bling the bottoms of my shoes with the words "I Do". Then I felt they needed just a little more pizzazz so I also put two rows of crystals right on the bottom of the heel. I showed them to Jeff and he was a bit perplexed ("Who's going to see that anyway?") but he was also impressed with my bedazzling prowess.




I apologize for the poor photo quality, I took these with my non-smart phone!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I shopped at Gordman's last week and accidentally ran across the EXACT same pair of shoes as my pumps, except in a ballet-flat version! $10! I will wear the flats during the reception, for sure! I tried desperately to figure out a way to bedazzle these shoes...but alas, I put down my hot-fix tool. For now.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment