Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Simple Monograms

Our wedding ceremony will be held at an outside gazebo in a city park. Late last summer, I stalked a wedding that was setting up (and I plan to do this as often as possible this summer!) and took a few quick (and blurry) shots with my not-smart phone.



Although it's difficult to see in such a small photo, these people had one chair on each side of the aisle turned backwards, with a monogram initial perched on the chair. Theirs was done in moss, which was really cool. But I wanted a punch of color, so I started thinking about how I will do mine. I could have spent a ton of money buying the pretty purple or white flowers to make them elaborate, but I instead opted for a cheaper version.

I bought an E and a J, then painted them purple. The J wasn't very long on top, and looked smaller than the E, so I actually had to supplement it with some cardboard pieces that I just glued on to make it larger.


I used the same purple sheer ribbon I used to decorate my cardbox, and started wrapping the ribbon around the letters. I used hot glue to adhere onto the back and hold the ribbon in place. I ended up using a lot of ribbon, but I think they are funky and cute and will stand out against our white chairs!



These two monograms will later be moved to the reception site. Behind the head table, I am going to do some sort of garland (yet to be determined and therefore, blogged about) that stretches from one side to the other. I think I will hang these monograms off the ends.


2 comments:

  1. These look fantastic!! Just found your blog and so excited, you have some great ideas! Looking forward to following you as you count down to the big day!

    ReplyDelete