Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DIY Bridal and Flower Girl Jewelry/Accessories

DIY BRIDAL EARRINGS
The above picture was my inspiration for my bridal earrings. I can't find the original source but I know I searched Overstock and Amazon, so it's one of the two. And I know they were around $40. I made my own version for under $10!

Supplies:
sterling silver headpins (already owned), two teardrop pearls and 4 crystal rondelles of two different sizes ($6 at a local store), and crystal studs with loops ($1.99 on ebay from this seller).

Finished product:


DIY PEARL BRACELET
I had some extra pearls and crystal rondelles so I decided to make a simple bracelet for myself. I'm not wearing a necklace but I wanted something else. I'm not absolutely positive I will wear it, but atleast I have one if I do decide I want one.



FLOWER GIRL'S ACCESSORIES
First, I made my flower girl a flowered headband! I bought a two-pack of headbands from Michaels, which was good because my dog thought one of them was his own personal chew toy. I took apart a silk real-touch rose and then layered the petals. Then I sewed on some pearls and purple beads (same beads used in my cascade earrings). I hot-glued the flower to the headband.

I stalked Craigslist for months to find a cute dress for her and finally came across one for only $25! It is originally a $140 dress from Davids Bridal (the tulle is a bit bunched up but you get the drift):

I made her a necklace and earrings as well. The pearl beads and rondelles are the Crystazzi brand from Michael's. The "K" charm was from Hobby Lobby. For the earrings I used the same method as the cascade earrings but only put three pearls on a short chain.

The whole shebang -- the headband, the earrings, and the necklace  -- may be a bit too much. In that case, I will just have my flower girl (my step daughter) wear stud earrings.

Whew! All jewelry is complete. I am still debating on whether I will use a veil or a flower fascinator. I just "borrowed" an antique broach from my stepmom to use in the center of a flower if I go with the fascinator. I would use the same method that I did for the flower girl headband.

No comments:

Post a Comment