Wednesday, November 10, 2010

If I can do it myself AND save money, why not give it a try?

I'd wish to begin this blog by stating that I am not a creative person. My friends and family may disagree with that statement, but alas, they are not involved in the inner workings of my mind. Most of my creativity is not self-derived, but rather, it is inspired by the creativity of those around me. Without search engines, stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby, and my ability to follow directions, my creative endeavors would be greatly limited.

That being said, I try my best. I am one of those crafty types who has dabbled in almost everything: painting, drawing, architectural/interior design, jewelry-making, scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, and generally anything that involves gluing, glitter, and decorating. The word dabble truly defines my crafting experience; I have never fully given myself toward one single hobby, and have never truly excelled at anything. I simply get by. I seem to purchase all the necessary items to complete an inspired idea, go all-out creating things for months, then move on to a new enterprise. I am the customer of Hobby Lobby's dreams.

But what brought me to creating this blog was my primary life-and-crafting motto: "If I can do it myself and save money, why not give it a try?" I am perpetually inspecting items that I find in stores to see if there is a way that I can re-create it on my own.

I have been engaged to Jeff since July 2010, but admit that I started brainstorming (ahem, Googling) DIY wedding projects for a few months prior. The one thing I know is that we are trying to pull off a $10,000 or less wedding, which means that every project I do will need to be as cost-effective as possible. Our wedding date is set for September 17, 2011 (10 months away!) and I already feel like I have everything complete...atleast in my own mind. Now it's down to the creating phase.

Follow along for my DIY wedding projects, but keep in mind, I'm really just a wannabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment