Monday, November 22, 2010

Thinking Ahead: Infant Tuxedo

Okay, the title of this post is a little redundant. Isn't everything I'm doing right now for the wedding considered "thinking ahead"?

We are having a baby boy in the end of February. He will be approximately 6-7 months old on our wedding day. Jeff's son will be 4 years old and I picked up a tuxedo jacket, pants, and vest for him off of Craigslist a month ago for only $8! It was such a steal. We want to attempt to have his son pulling our little baby down the aisle in a wagon (and hoping for an easy-going infant). Therefore, both of Jeff's sons will be the ring bearers. We need to make sure their outfits go together.

The last time I was in a bridal shop, I checked out the infant tuxedos. Although freakin' adorable, good lordy they're expensive! Prices range from $35 to $75.

Wear Me Out Boys

Besides the price, I'm entirely sure that I DO NOT want to make my poor little boy suffer in a stuffy suit. The last thing we want is to make him uncomfortable...which will make him whiney. No one wants a whiney baby at a wedding, even if it is the bride and groom's child.

So what are my other options? Of course I Googled "infant ring bearer" and found a ton of full-on suits or little mock-suit onesies. The onesie is too informal for the ceremony but would be cute for him to wear for the few hours he's awake at the reception.

Speaking of his outfit for the reception, this is SO CUTE! I might have to get him something like this:

Cafe Press

I guess I'll just keep my eye out for a cute color-coordinating otufit for my little man. Maybe Easter sales will have some nice, in-between formal and comfortable/casual outfits for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment