Monday, November 15, 2010

The Little Black (Bridesmaid) Dress

This was my thought when I first started thinking about my bridesmaid’s dresses: they would all love to wear a black party dress! And I couldn’t help but think of the all-too-common and completely out of whack bridal idea that each girl would also be able to wear the dress again. A black dress would go along with my classic and simple theme – we could be the chicest black and white wedding party this state has ever seen. AND, if I really wanted to save some money for my girls, they could each find their own little black dress! Score 5 points for being their favorite bride.

Then I saw this picture while browsing wedding photos:


Ohhhh the purple shoes…ohhh the matching purple bouquet! And in an instant, my entire bridal party’s wardrobe changed its colors.

I searched "purple wedding parties" and kept coming up with what I call “Vikings” colors – in reference to the royal purple duds which are worn by my father’s least favorite NFL team. Ugh and eww.

About 2 minutes after my initial excitement (the ohhhh the purple shoes…ohhh the matching bouquet!), I was about ready to return to the simple black party dress idea. I wasn't about to make my bridesmaids wear Vikings Purple.

Then I found these photos from The Knot:


I fell in love with a dark, deep purple, especially when paired with outdoor scenes and greenery. Later I found out this color is either lapis or eggplant. A classy purple.

NEW COLORS: Black, White, and Eggplant

2 comments:

  1. ADORE the eggplant! and I love the photo that rocked your world. it is gorgeous! hope you have a beautiful and inexpensive wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful collection of photos here. those are really amazing.
    african lace fabrics

    ReplyDelete