Thursday, November 11, 2010

My DIY Wedding Projects (I Love Lists!)

I have 10 months until my wedding, and under 4 months until my first baby is born (yes! I'm pregnant!). I'm going to attempt to have as much of this list done as possible before my baby boy comes into the world. I want to be able to live those first months with my child as stress-free as possible while still planning a wedding.

Here's my tentative list of DIY wedding projects, which will also give you a hint of what's to come:
1. Will you be my bridesmaid? Cards: simple cardmaking, glittering
2. Blinging my bridal shoes: rhinestones and glue
3. Pocketfold Invitations: vellum over a photo, insert cards, belly band
4. Branch and Crystal Centerpieces:  plaster of paris, spray painting, hot glue, tulle and ribbon
5. Cardbox: fabric, ribbon, chip board, hot glue
6. Bridal Earrings: sterling silver findings and pearl
7. Bridesmaid Earrings: sterling silver findings and pearl
8. Silk Bouquets: roses and cala lilies
9. Silk Boutonnieres: cala lilies
10. Unity Candle: rhinestones and ribbon
11. Flower Girl Basket: ribbon and paint?
12. Ring Bearer Pillow: sewing, satin
13. Tissue Paper Pomanders: cutting, folding, and fluffing
14. Cake Topper: rhinestones on a chipboard letter monogram?
15. Head Table Backdrop Garland/Banner: Cardstock, silk flowers, ribbon
16. Slideshow: Scanning Photos, Powerpoint
17. Ceremony Programs: Cardstock, Ribbon
18. Monogram Signs: Large letters, wrapped in ribbon?

A List of To-Be-Determined-If-Needed DIY items:
19. Veil: Buy a simple veil and bead the ends?
20. Decorating a Wagon: White satin/padding for wagon, ring bearer will pull 6 month old baby down the aisle?
21. Entree Selection Place Cards

For any other do-it-yourself brides out there, you can check out the WeddingBee blogger Miss Cinnamon Bun's tips for DIY weddings. She stresses the importance of starting early, which I'm attempting to emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment